Presentations, by their nature, have audio and visual components that some people may not be able to perceive.
A participant who is blind or Deaf/hard of hearing may miss visual or auditory content in a presentation.
What to do
- Make sure slide decks include alt text or descriptions for images and other visual elements.
- Make sure a screen reader will read the content within each slide in the correct order.
- Share materials or slide decks before the event if possible.
- As a speaker, identify yourself before you speak and describe visual-only aspects of your slides.
- Provide a transcript.
- Closed caption embedded video.